These grab-and-go muffins make eating on the run a pleasure.
- 8 1/2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pepperoni (diced, about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded, 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped, if packed in oil, drain well)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a muffin pan with 8 paper liners.
- Mix the corn muffin mix, milk and egg together until barely blended and lumpy. Gently fold in the pepperoni, mozzarella and tomatoes. Scoop into the prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Let cool slightly or serve at room temperature. These can be made in advance and refrigerated in a self-sealing plastic bag to prevent dryness. Reheat, wrapped loosely in a paper towel, in the microwave just until warm, about 20 seconds on high power.
Ben 20 Aug
My dog nearly died from them. I over cooked them.
ShareeJ 11 Jun
There is no way I can recommend this as a "pizza" muffin. The sweetness of the corn muffin mix absolutely overwhelms the added savory ingredients. Tastes nothing like any pizza—homemade, store-bought or restaurant-made—that I have ever tasted.