- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water (cool)
- 1 dry yeast (pack, .25 ounce)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Place flour in food processor. Combine salt, honey, olive oil, and cool water in a small bowl or measuring cup. Mix well to dissolve salt and set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water and let proof for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the salt and honey liquid through the feed tube. Use a spatula and scrape all the mixture into the work bowl. Then pour in the dissolved yeast. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blade.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in buttered bowl and allow to rest covered for 30 minutes. Divide dough into 2 or 4 equal parts. Roll each into a smooth tight ball. Place on cookie sheet, cover with damp towel and refrigerate. Remove dough from refrigerator 1 hour before baking and let come to room temperature. On lightly floured surface, flatten each ball of dough into a 6 inch circle for smaller pizza and 10 inches for the larger.
- Make outer edge thicker than center. Turn dough over and repeat. Lift dough and gently stretch edges, working clockwise to firm a 7-8 inch (or 11-12 inches) circle. Repeat process with other balls of dough. Place circles on baking sheet and build pizza. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.