A child’s lunchbox delight, these pizza baguettes are the perfect pairing of whimsical and deliciously simple foods. Fresh, crunchy baguette slices covered in a quick homemade pizza sauce of acidic tomatoes, earthy soft mushrooms, and crispy bacon. Sprinkle in fresh herbs and grate overtop some Gruyere cheese for a tangy bite. Watch the oven for a bubbling and lightly browned cheese to know when the pizzas are ready to go.
- 1 baguette
- button mushrooms (sliced)
- tomatoes (chopped)
- herbes de provence
- grated Gruyère cheese
- Cut the baguette into pieces and cut each piece lengthwise. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan. When it is hot, place the lardons in the pan. Once they have browned, pour them into a colander to remove most of the fat.
- Put the bacon back into the pan and add the mushrooms. Add the chopped tomatoes. Add salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence.
- Turn on your broiler.
- Spoon the bacon and vegetable mixture on top of the pieces of baguette. Sprinkle with grated Gruyere.
- Put the baguettes under the broiler. Keep an eye on them. Remove from oven when the baguettes are golden brown.