Makes three 10" pan pizzas.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- pizza toppings
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix in the wet ingredients until a soft dough forms. Knead the dough on a countertop. Oil the dough surface and the inside of the mixing bowl; seal the dough inside. Allow the dough rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Divide the dough into three. Shape the dough into large pizzas either with a rolling pin or by patting and stretching the dough with your fingers. With the latter technique, ensure that the dough rests between large stretches by covering the dough for a minute or so and resuming the patting/stretching afterwards.
- Transfer the pizza dough to a well oiled pan. Generously add toppings of your choice. (My mom always puts down tomato sauce with extra crushed red peppers, onions, grilled chicken cubes, jalapenos, spinach, and Mexican four cheese blend.)
- Bake the pizza in the middle rack for 13-15 minutes. After this time, remove the pizza from the pan and transfer to the oven rack. Cook for an additional 2 minutes without the pan. Serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator and reheat in a toaster oven.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ricky G. 13 days ago
Delicious! I would definitely make it again
Josh Nix 2 Jun
great dough! rises a lot, so it made 3 good-sized pizzas - perfect for the family. had to use a lot of extra flour after it had finished rising (it's a sticky dough). We'll go lighter on the oil (1/4 cup left a lot just sitting in the bowl, so a little less would be adequate). But awesome recipe! Very easy too.
Akasha Howerton 17 May
the recipe needed a few more instructions but I've made pizza several times so I just used the measurements. Used whole wheat flour and everything turned out fantastic.
-Frog - 17 Jan
Very easy to make, and the dough cooked beautifully!