- 10 pounds boneless pork roast
- 2 1/3 cups italian dressing (low calorie)
- 5 pounds spinach (fresh, chopped)
- 3 1/4 quarts ricotta cheese
- 25 whole wheat pita bread (each)
- 3 quarts pizza sauce
- 1 3/4 cups parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 1/2 pounds mozzarella cheese low fat (shredded)
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not cover pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
- Roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (Approximate oven time may vary depending on oven use, and weight of pork being cooked. Start checking with a thermometer an hour into cooking time.)
- Remove from oven and let the roast "rest" for 15 minutes.
- Place into a shallow pan.
- Cover and refrigerate, cooling to 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Cube chilled roast into approximately ½ by ½ inch cubes.
- In a bowl mix the pork with 1 cup of the Italian dressing; reserve the remainder of the Italian dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese and the remaining 1 1/3 cup of Italian dressing.
- Split pita bread into individual rounds.
- Place rounds on a baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of each round within ½ inch of the edges.
- Spoon spinach mixture over the pizza sauce on each round.
- Sprinkle with the marinated cubed pork and parmesan cheese.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a convection oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- The pizzas can be held, uncovered, at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, but they are best served immediately
- Place pizzas on clean sheet pans. Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow for air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Reheat product to 170 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.