- 2 1/2 pounds pork sausage crumbles (fully cooked)
- 3/4 tablespoon thyme (dried)
- 3/4 tablespoon basil (dried)
- 3/4 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic (diced)
- 3 quarts ricotta cheese
- 1 1/3 cups italian dressing (low calorie)
- 5 pounds spinach (fresh, washed, chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 25 whole wheat pita bread
- 3 quarts pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 pounds mozzarella cheese (part skim milk, shredded)
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes (washed, cored, diced)
- Sauté pork, spices and garlic in a large skillet, distributing the seasoning throughout the crumbles to blend flavors.
- Place ricotta cheese and Italian dressing in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in the spinach.
- Split pita bread into individual rounds.
- Brush the smooth side of the round with oil.
- Place rounds on a baking sheet, smooth side down.
- On each round,
- Spread pizza sauce within ½ inch of the edges.
- Spoon spinach mixture over the sauce.
- Sprinkle each round with seasoned pork.
- Add chopped tomato
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a convection oven preheated to 375° Fahrenheit for approximately 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- The pizzas can be held, uncovered, at 140° Fahrenheit or higher, but they are best served immediately.
- Place pizzas on clean sheet pans. Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow for air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40° Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Reheating CCP: Reheat product to 165° Fahrenheit or higher for at least 1 minute. Hold at 140° Fahrenheit or higher to serve.