Combining rich nutty flavors with sweet citrus, this Pistachio and Ginger Cake will soon have your house smelling like heaven, and tasting like it too! Featuring ground pistachios, ginger, and lemon zest, this cake is full of robust flavor. Made wit…
yogurt, this Pistachio and Ginger Cake has a light crumb and a moist texture. Easy to make and ready in just one hour, this beautifully flavored bundt cake is the perfect bake for your next brunch or event.
- 100 grams margarine (cake)
- 200 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 yogurt
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger (or fresh ginger)
- 150 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 100 grams unsalted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a blender or food processor, place the cake margarine and sugar, and blend to a smooth cream.
- Add the eggs one by one while beating, then add the yogurt, chopped lemon zest (or in thin strips), and the ginger.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, sifted, to the dough. Grind the pistachios to a powder in a food processor, and add half of it to the cake batter.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with margarine, and sprinkle with flour. Pour in the batter, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Before serving, puff the remaining pistachio powder over the cake.
|Calories750Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.