If you are searching for a sweet and salty spread that you can spread on your favorite bread, then try this recipe for Pistachio Paste. The recipe combines pistachios with almonds, almond extract and peanut oil. This sweet treat is perfect for breakfast, a snack or a late night snack with crackers while watching your favorite shows. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this creamy spread as much as we do.
- 125 grams pistachios (plain)
- 17 grams water
- 65 grams sugar
- 30 grams ground almonds
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Spread pistachios on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. It is important to add the water first, otherwise the sugar will caramelize.
- Cook until soft ball stage or until the thermometer reads 121 C. It will be a translucent syrup.
- Pour the syrup on the pistachios and mix.
- Let cool and pour into the food processor bowl, along with the ground almonds and bitter almond extract.
- Pulse until you have a pistachio powder.
- Continue to pulse, stopping occasionally to avoid overheating and to scrape down the sides.
- After a while (about 15-20 minutes with breaks) you will get a slightly grainy paste.
- When the mixture starts to come together, add the oil.