Pistachio KipferlSobre Dulce y Salado
Everyone has their traditional Christmas cookies that they bake when the holidays are coming. Vanille Kipferl are a traditional cookie baked in Germany during the holiday season. This recipe for Pistachio Kipferl draws its inspiration from this traditional German cookie, but adds its own unique twist with the addition of ground pistachios into the cookie butter for a fun crunch and light green color. After baking, cover the cookies in powdered sugar and you will be holiday ready with these tasty edible snowballs.
- 280 grams white flour
- 200 grams butter
- 170 grams powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams pistachios (ground)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar (for garnish, make this by combining 3 tbsps. granulated sugar and 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 1Mix the white flour, butter, 80 grams powdered sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and ground pistachios in a large bowl until you obtain a dough. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 2Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- 3Form 40 dough balls using your hands.
- 4Place the dough balls on a cooking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the kipferls from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining powdered sugar and vanilla sugar, let them cool off, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories980Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.