- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts (trimmed)
- 4 ounces couscous
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 8 fresh dates (pitted, coarsely chopped)
- 2 ounces unsalted pistachios (toasted, coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (finely)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- For the marinade, combine coriander, cumin and cinnamon in a mortar. Using pestle, grind to a powder. Stir in half the oil. Place chicken in a shallow glass bowl. Add marinade and turn to coat. Chill for 10 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the remaining oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add chicken and brown for 4-5 mins on each side or until cooked. Transfer to a heatproof plate. Let rest for 5 mins then slice.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring the stock to a boil, then add it to the couscous along with the butter. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 mins or until liquid is absorbed. Using a fork, fluff and separate grains. Stir in remaining oil, the molasses, if using, dates, pistachios, zest, lemon juice and parsley. Season.
- Press 1/4 of the couscous into a cup and invert into a shallow serving bowl. Repeat with the remaining couscous and serve with chicken and lemon wedges.
|Calories800Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE|