If sweet and salty treats are calling you, but you can’t decide which one you want more, then try this recipe for Pistachio-Chocolate Cupcakes. The recipe combines milk chocolate and pistachio flavors for cupcakes that are topped with a decadent frosting that is packed with 70-percent dark chocolate. Why not pick up these ingredients the next time you are shopping so you can surprise your loved ones with a decadent and hearty sweet treat.
- 120 grams softened butter
- 140 grams flour
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 50 grams milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 teaspoons pistachios (flavor)
- food coloring (blue)
- 50 grams 70% cacao chocolate
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cupcake Preparation:
- Chop the milk chocolate into chips.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter and sugar until mixture turns pale.
- Add the eggs, one at a time while mixing.
- Add flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt and mix.
- Stir in the milk, pistachio flavor, and a few drops of blue food coloring.
- Fill muffin molds with the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Frosting Preparation:
- Melt the chocolate and the milk in a double boiler.
- Let cool, and using a spatula, spread frosting on each cooled cupcake.
- Decorate with sugar and sweets.