- 1 ounce bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 6 fresno chiles (stems removed*)
- 6 thai chiles (stems removed*)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 15 ounces chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (torn)
- salt (to taste)
- To make the marinade: In the jar of a blender, combine marinade ingredients and process to puree. Transfer 2 cups of marinade to a resealable bag and add pork chops. Seal the bag and set aside in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the tomato and chickpea salad: In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients except the mint and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve: Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove chops from the marinade. Grill chops until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and rest 3 minutes.
- Add mint and salt to taste to the tomato and chickpea salad. Arrange salad on plates, top with pork chops, and serve.