Your son has informed you recently that he wants to be a pirate when he grows up. So, to be there for him in his creative imaginative world and show him how much you love him, you have decided to make him a custom pirate cake for his birthday. This recipe for Pirate Cake is so rich and flavorful, it is well worth the effort of creating a cake from scratch. The best part of the cake, other than the delicious flavor, is the edible treasure map.
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 250 grams butter (melted)
- 200 grams sugar
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 8 grams baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add melted butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Melt the chocolate with the milk and add to egg yolk mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- With the electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add beaten egg whites to cake batter, folding gently with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer batter into a well greased cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before unmolding, then decorate with edible treasure map.