Lemonade is the perfect summer drink. This recipe features blackcurrant syrup, which not only adds flavor to the drink but also makes it pink for an extra special treat. You only need 6 ingredients to bring this recipe together and if you make a large batch you can enjoy it throughout the week. If you want to serve it at a party, try it with a little bit of vodka mixed in for a tasty cocktail. A mint sprig for garnish makes it look elegant.
- 250 milliliters lemon juice
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 1 liter water
- blackcurrant syrup (to add flavor and color, available in international food aisles)
- lemon slices
- mint sprigs
- Bring half of the liter of water to a boil and remove it from the heat once it begins to boil. Stir in the sugar immediately, ensuring that it is well dissolved.
- Place sugar water mixture in the refrigerator for one hour to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the sugar water and stir well.
- Serve chilled or with ice and garnish with sprigs of mint and lemon slices.