A grapefruit curd is the star of this simple dessert. In this recipe, you use the zest and juice of the grapefruit in the curd so it packed with a ton of flavor. After the curd is cooked and cools for a bit, it is layered on top of butter cookie crumbles and grapefruit segments for a beautiful dessert. A quick chill in the refrigerator finishes this dish, which can be made ahead of time for a laid-back dessert.
- 2 grapefruits (pink)
- 5 butter cookies (coarsely crumbled)
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 150 grams margarine (sliced, not butter, because it freezes up the mixture to much)
- Chop finely grapefruit zest.
- Squeeze the juice out of the grapefruit.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with zest, juice, and sugar. Cook and whisk the mixture slowly in a hot-water bath (remove from the heat at the first bubble). Let the mixture cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then gradually add margarine slices while whisking. Once the cream is well mixed and smooth, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- To make the grapefruit supremes: peel the remaining grapefruit. Using a knife, remove the skin from each piece (leaving only the grapefruit's flesh without the bitter white skin). If you are having trouble and your supremes are not very presentable, simply dice them, it will be just as nice.
- Just before serving, place cookie crumble at the bottom of servings glasses, add a layer of cream, and top off with the grapefruit supremes.
|Calories500Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.