This pretty in pink vision gets its pastel hue from a clever addtion: instant strawberry gelatin powder, which also imparts a whisper of strawberry flavor. The wet ingredients can be mixed up in a blender, but you'll need to transfer them to a bowl before mixing in the dry ingredients, or you can just use a mixer from the get go. Once the cake has cooled after baking, it's drizzled with melted chocolate.
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 200 milliliters oil
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 400 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Soak gelatin in 100 ml (approximately 1/3 cup) hot water.
- Let gelatin cool to room temperature.
- Place all ingredients in blender - except flour, baking powder, and chocolate.
- Beat for about 3 minutes. Tip: An electric mixer can also be used.
- Place batter in a bowl and mix in flour and baking powder.
- Grease a cake pan and dust with flour.
- Place batter in prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- When cake is cool, coat with melted chocolate.