Are they rolls or are the biscuits or are they sweet treats? These Pineapple, Coconut and Orange Rolls are more of a dessert or a snack than what traditionally is called a roll. They take 75 minutes to prepare these 320-calorie delectable desserts. Ingredients include milk, yeast, flour, sugar, salt, room temperature butter, beaten egg mixed with salt, pineapple jam, lightly toasted shredded coconut, orange, and powdered sugar.
- 480 grams milk
- 28 grams yeast
- 824 grams flour
- 45 grams sugar
- 22 grams salt
- 112 grams butter (at room temp.)
- 1 eggs (beaten and mixed with salt)
- jam (Pineapple)
- shredded coconut (lightly toasted)
- 1/2 orange
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the milk and yeast into a bowl and mix.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt, and stir everything with an electric mixer at the lowest setting.
- Once the mixture starts thickening, add the butter and continue mixing.
- Cover your counter top/table with a light layer of flour and place the dough on top.
- Flatten out the dough and roll it out to a large, thin rectangle.
- Cover the dough with a light layer of pineapple jam and pour the coconut shavings on top of the jam.
- Roll up the dough and seal the edges. Cut the dough into 1 inch portions.
- Cover a baking pan with a dry towel and let the rolls sit until the dough puffs up and grows double its original size.
- Glaze the rolls with the egg and salt mixture and bake for 30–40 minutes.
- Once the rolls are baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool off for a few minutes.
- As the rolls are cooling off, mix the juice from the orange and the powdered sugar together.
- Glaze all of the rolls with the orange/powdered sugar mixture.
- Let the rolls cool off completely and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.