Pineapple and Mint MousseReceitas Da Felicidade!
Here's another so-called pantry dessert that takes common canned or other store-bought goods and turns them into desserts the whole family can enjoy. Make it in the morning and then it will be well chilled by dinnertime. Canned condensed milk and pineapple flavored gelatin mix are combined with canned pineapple (preferably in syrup, for extra sweetness), with the essential beaten egg whites folded in (otherwise it wouldn't be mousse!). Fresh mint and more pineapple used as garnishes.
- 2 cans condensed milk (or 1 large can of)
- 5 eggs
- 1 can pineapple in syrup
- 2 packets pineapple gelatin
- mint leaves (to taste)
- 200 milliliters cream cheese
- 1Put on heat all the pineapple juice from the can and the rest in enough water to make 2 packages of gelatin and a few mint leaves.
- 2When boiling, dissolve very well the gelatin powder and add the remaining cold water.
- 3Put 2 slices of pineapple into thin strips and chop it all with the whisk, mint included.
- 4The remaining pineapple should be added then into thin strips, and save even a few for garnish.
- 5Meanwhile in another small saucepan bring to boil the condensed milk and egg yolks but do not boil just to thicken a bit ... Mix the egg whites firmly and do the same to the cream.
- 6After the condensed milk cools, add the gelatine and mix well, then add the cream mixing more lightly with a whisk, and then do the same with the egg whites.
- 7Pour into into a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours.
- 8After setting garnish to taste with pineapple and mint sprigs.
- 9Serve really cold.