- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 15 sprigs mint sprigs (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 sheets gelatin
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (cans, drained)
- 3 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whisk the egg whites with 3 tbsp of cold water until stiff, and add 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and the salt. Fold in the egg yolks, one at a time, and stir in the chopped mint. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch, flour, and baking powder and gently fold it into the egg mixture. Transfer the mixture to 10 inch springform cake pan, lined with parchment paper, and smooth it over. Bake for about 15 mins and let cool in the cake pan on a wire rack for about 3 hours.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water. Puree about 8 pineapple chunks with 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Whip 2 1/2 cups of cream with an eggbeater. Drain the gelatin and melt it in a small pan. Add 4 tbsp of pineapple puree, stir well, then add the remaining puree. Gently fold the puree into the whipped cream. Cut the cake in half horizontally and put the bottom half in a cake ring. Spread the pineapple cream on the cake and smooth it over. Press the top half gently onto the cream and refrigerate the cake for 5 hours.
- Wash the remaining mint leaves, roll them in 3 tbsp of sugar, and leave them to dry. Cut the remaining pineapple chunks in half. Whip 1 1/4 of cream until stiff and spread on top of the cake. Garnish with pineapple chunks and sugared mint leaves.
|Calories300Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.