- 4 pounds pineapple (fresh chopped, flesh)
- 2 tablespoons pectin (liquid apple)
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lemon zest (and juice)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- Place the pineapple, liquid apple pectin, ginger, sugar and lemon zest and juice in a large wide pan. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Cover and simmer for 10 mins until pulpy. Add the coconut and cook uncovered over a medium heat for another 5 mins or until thickened.
- Spoon the hot jam into 4 warm sterilized jam jars. Seal while still hot then leave to cool. Store in a cool dry place. Once opened store in the fridge and use within a few days.