- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick, melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (drained very well with juice reserved)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sean 14 Jul
Amazing!!! My new favorite thing. Super easy to make and really easy to eat the whole thing so pace yourself.
Hussein 23 Feb
This recipe is easy and delicious. The flavors are absolutely amazing! I only wish two things... that i had doubled the recipe so it would be thicker. Mine came out very thin with an 8*8. And I also wish i hadn’t used foil and tried baking with cooking spray only. My cake was stuck to the foil and fell apart when I tried taking the foil off. I’ll definitely try again!! Thank you for the recipe
• råghåd • 6 Jun 2017
It turned out great, everyone loved it, but I suggest using 1 and 1/4 cups of confectioners sugar instead of 2 cups or else it'll be too sweet and a lot of pineapple juice, and don't worry it'll be enough to cover the entire cake
Wina E. 7 May 2016
I substituted with fresh pineapple and it turn really good. Moist and fresh. I cooked he pineapple for 20 minutes and drain it well. Will put this recipe in my book. Best cake I ever make.
Lynda B. 28 Feb 2016
Delish and so simple to make. I'm not an experienced baker but this was easy to follow and was well enjoyed.