This tropic-inspired salsa will spice up your party. The chips are worth the extra effort when you want to spoil your friends or relatives.
- 1 mango (peeled and cubed)
- 8 ounces pineapple (tidbits, packed in juice, drained)
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages flour tortillas (about 6 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- salt (to taste)
- In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients except tortilla chips ingredients; cover and refrigerate to blend flavors until ready serve.
- Makes 12 servings (1/4 cup per serving).
- Tailgate Tip: Prepare and refrigerate this colorful salsa up to 1 day ahead. If time is short, serve with purchased tortilla chips.
- * Baked Flour Tortillas Chips: Place tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Brush lightly with butter on both sides. Using a knife or kitchen shears, cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown. Cool slightly (chips will continue to crisp as they cool). Serve warm or cool.