- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds skinless chicken thighs (boneless, trimmed of excess fat)
- 4 green onions (chopped, white and green parts separated)
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 jalapeño peppers (with seeds, diced)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (unsweetened, in their juices)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- corn tortillas
- red cabbage (Shredded)
- crumbled feta cheese
- lime wedges
- Prepare the rub: In a small bowl, stir together the thyme, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, black pepper, and salt. Drizzle the olive oil over the top, then mix to form a paste.
- Place the chicken thighs in a KitchenAid® 6-Quart Slow Cooker. Rub the spice paste over the top of each. Sprinkle in the white parts of the green onions (reserve the green tops for serving), garlic, and jalapeños. Pour the diced pineapple in its juice evenly over the top, then the white vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and shred. Remove the pineapple chunks with slotted spoon and set aside. Transfer the remaining cooking liquid to a wide saucepan and heat over medium high, stirring often, until thickened and reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken and reserved pineapple, coating with the reduced glaze. Serve the filling as tacos, topped with reserved green onion tops, red cabbage, feta, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.