Pork loin provides a juicy succulent meal that can be paired with many different savory and sweet spices and ingredients. This delicious dinner option, Pineapple Glazed Pork Loin, will be a treat for the family. It takes about 70 minutes to prepare, so it might be best on a Sunday evening. Make sure to pick up these ingredients and surprise your family with a delicious and decadent dinner this week.
- 1 cup pineapple (nectar)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 limes
- ground black pepper
- 1 green chili (finely chopped, plus chili strips for garnish)
- 500 grams pork loin (in large pieces)
- fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Mix 3/4 cup pineapple nectar with the sugar and place into a saucepan. Cover and heat over medium-high heat until it turns dark yellow. Turn off the heat.
- Add the lime juice, the rest of the nectar, pepper to taste, and the chopped chili. Set aside 1/4 cup of this liquid.
- Cover the pork loin with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking pan and pour the nectar mix over the loin. Bake for 30 minutes. Once in the oven, pour some of the nectar that is in the pan over the loin every 10 minutes. Turn the loin over halfway through the baking time (15 minutes). The temperature in the middle of the loin should be 63 C.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Pour the remaining nectar over the loin, sprinkle with coriander and chili, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.