Pineapple Cream PieSobre Dulce y Salado
Light and fresh, this recipe for Creamy Pineapple Cake makes a great dessert during the warm spring and summer months. Featuring a thin layer of cake on the bottom, this cake crust is then topped with a whipped cream cheese layer with pineapple pieces suspended throughout. Delicately flavored with vanilla and lemon, the final touch of crushed pistachios sprinkled on top adds a lovely bit of crunch to this decadent and creamy summer fresh cake.
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 80 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams flour
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 250 milliliters milk
- 140 grams sugar
- 500 grams cream quark (or 2 parts Ricotta cheese and 1 part sour cream)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 400 milliliters heavy cream
- 16 ounces pineapple (canned)
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- 3In a bowl beat the egg yolks, 60 grams sugar, and the vanilla. Once smooth, add the flour and yeast.
- 4Separately, whip the egg whites and 20 grams sugar. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- 5Place in a springform round baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 6Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
- 7In a saucepan, add the gelatin, milk, and sugar and heat until the gelatin dissolves.
- 8In a bowl, mix the cheese, egg yolks, vanilla, and lemon juice. Once smooth, add the milk mixture.
- 9Whip the cream and fold into the previous mixture.
- 10Line the springform baking pan with parchment and add a layer of pineapple. Pour the cream on top and add another layer of pineapple. Add the base of the tart on top and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 11To serve, flip the pie upside down, unmold, and garnish with pistachios.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1310Calories from Fat790|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat790|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.