Pineapple CakeAs receitas lá de casa
The all-American original, pineapple upside down cake, is still as popular as ever when it comes to making a crowdpleasing dessert. After all, it's got that luscious layer of caramelized fruit as the imressive topping, which is easily achieved when the caramel and pineapple is layered in the bottom of the pan (as in bottoms up). In this version, the pineapple syrup from the can is incorporated into the batter, for even more tropical fruit flavor.
- 250 grams margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pineapple syrup (from can)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can pineapple slices
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- 2Mix margarine with sugar.
- 3Add whole eggs.
- 4Beat well.
- 5Add flour and baking powder.
- 6Add a small amount of pineapple syrup from the can, so that dough is not too soft.
- 7In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons margarine and 5 tablespoons sugar and cook until caramel forms, stirring constantly.
- 8Do not let the caramel darken too much.
- 9Coat pan with caramel.
- 10Place pineapple slices on the bottom of the pan in an even layer and cover with cake batter.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes.