These all-American favorites need no further introduction. In this version, frozen puff pastry (thawed) is an update on the crescent dough from the can, making it a fitting snack for all ages. Mustard is baked right inside the "blankets" and would be excellent served alongside, for spreading or dipping. If you can't find mini hot dogs, you can cut regular hot dogs into right-sized pieces, or buy cocktail sausages instead.
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- hot dogs (Miniature)
- egg yolk (lightly beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Cut the dough into small triangles.
- Spread a light coating of mustard.
- Place a hot dog in the center of each triangle and roll up the dough from the widest part to the tip.
- Place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and brush with the egg yolk.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until golden.