Pie Crust Mini-PanzerottiL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Ready-made pie dough is used to make these quick, easy panzerotti, which are filled with a hefty mix of deli meats and cheeses, such as garlicky mortadella, salami, ham and Asiago. Sun-dried tomatoes and olives offset the richness of the other fillings, though you can add whatever ingredients you like, be it browned Italian sausage and eggplant or fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil. Brush them with beaten egg yolk before baking them until golden brown.
- 1 package pie crust
- mozzarella cheese
- cheese (Provola)
- sun-dried tomatoes
- black olives
- egg yolks (beaten)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Roll out the pie crust dough and use a round cookie cutter to cut out disks.
- 3Fill each disk with a mixture of chopped mozzarella and ham, salami and provola cheese, mortadella and asiago cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and black olives, or any filling you wish.
- 4Fold over the dough and seal the edges closed
- 5Place the disks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 6Brush with the lightly beaten egg yolk.
- 7Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- 8Remove from the oven and serve.