This delicious juicy Pickled Salmon makes an elegant crostini topping along with a slice of fresh tomato and greens, a great appetizer option for your next big event. Seasoned with pepper, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, cloves, and paprika, the salmon is pickled in a mixture of olive oil, white wine, and apple cider vinegar over low heat. Prepare at least the day before you plan on serving as the pickled salmon needs to refrigerate overnight.
- 860 grams salmon fillets (skinless)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 stalks fresh parsley
- 2 stalks fresh thyme
- 1 clove
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 0.5 liters virgin olive oil
- 1.5 deciliters apple cider vinegar
- 1 deciliter white wine
- Cut the salmon into strips and lay them in 1 layer in a pot or skillet that has a lid.
- Sprinkle over the salt then the peppercorns, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, clove, and paprika. Move the salmon around so it is coated in all the spices.
- Pour into the pot the olive oil, vinegar, and wine. Set on low heat.
- When the pot starts to boil, immediately shut off the flame, cover, and let the salmon cook in the residual heat.
- Once cool, put the covered pot in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, serve the salmon over crostini with sliced tomatoes and greens.
|Calories1500Calories from Fat1290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.