- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon white mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercoms
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salad (Garlic Crouton)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 roll (crusty bread, thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch baby carrots (scrubbed, trimmed)
- 1 bunch asparagus (halved crosswise diagonally)
- 1 bunch baby radishes (halved)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, gently stirring (this helps center the yolks). Boil without stirring for 6 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Peel eggs and transfer to a medium heatproof bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, cloves, mustard seeds, peppercorns, tarragon, chili and bay leaves in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Cool slightly. Pour marinade over eggs. Cover with plastic food wrap. Chill for 2 hours to marinate.
- To make the crostini, preheat a grill pan over high heat. Whisk oil and garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Brush oil mixture over both sides of bread. Grill bread for 1 minute each side or until golden and crisp. Let cool.
- To make the vegetables, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add carrots and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add radish and salad leaves and toss to combine. Divide the vegetables and garlic crostini between serving plates.
- Remove eggs from marinade and cut in half. Strain marinade, reserving 2 tablespoons. Whisk mayonnaise and reserved strained marinade in a small bowl until smooth. Top salad with egg. Serve with mayonnaise dressing.
|Calories160Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.