Are you an Italian pasta lover? So are we! This Pici Pasta with a Garlic Sauce is the perfect homemade pasta recipe for your family to enjoy. It is onlly 580 calories but is packed with vegetables and flavorful Italian sauces to make your mouth water. Serve this Pici Pasta with a Garlic Sauce recipe to a large party or a smaller group of people. The garlic sauce is unbelievably delicious and packed with Italian flavor!
- 500 grams flour (type ‘0’)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 40 grams garlic (fresh)
- 700 grams peeled tomatoes (washed and put through a food mill)
- 50 grams pecorino cheese (grated)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Place the flour on the work surface and add the oil, a pinch of salt, and enough water to knead the dough until it is elastic and uniform in consistency.
- Shape the dough into a ball, and grease it well with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 1 or 2 hours.
- Take a small piece of dough and work it into a roll. As the roll of dough lengthens, add some pressure with your fingers outwards, because the dough tends to shrink. The pici are approximately 20 to 25 centimeters long.
- Place the pasta on a tray sprinkled with corn flour, then sprinkle corn flour on the pasta as well, so it does not stick together.
- Peel the garlic, cut it into slices, place it in a terracotta saucepan with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil.
- Saute on low heat then add the tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and cook on low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the Pici until ‘al dente’ in a stockpot full of boiling salt water for approximately 13 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, place it in a serving bowl and add the sauce while very hot.
- Serve immediately with grated Pecorino cheese on the side.
|Calories580Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.