- 500 grams pork
- 200 milliliters white wine (or beer)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili (sweet)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter (can be replaced with extra virgin olive oil)
- Remove fat from the meat and cut it into small, thin slices. Place the meat in a bowl and season with the remaining ingredients except the butter/ olive oil.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the meat and place it a frying machine. Pour the melted butter/olive oil over the meat and set for 20-25 minutes. Drizzle carefully with the liquid from the marinade and set for further 4 minutes.
- Serve the Pica-pau decorated with pickles and/or olives and accompanied with country bread.