- 140 milliliters water
- 250 grams sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- blanched almonds
- 1 package phyllo dough
- powdered sugar
- For the syrup, heat sugar and water and simmer until thickened for 15 minutes.
- Let syrup cool.
- Whisk egg yolks with a fork and add syrup.
- Stir well and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Chop almonds in a food processor and add to the mixture.
- Roll out dough on the counter and cut rectangles with a pastry cutter.
- Fill each rectangle with a tablespoon of egg mixture.
- Fold dough edges over pastry and roll into a packet. Brush with butter to help brown a little when baking.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 7-10 minutes at 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Sprinkle pastries with powdered sugar.