Delicious dark chocolate mousse layered beneath buttery cookies creates the perfect Neapolitan dessert. Plan ahead with this recipe. Making the rich mousse perfectly airy and light takes an eye for detail and a few hours to chill in the refrigerator. Crunchy flakey cookies melt in the mouth with the soft chocolate. Layer each plate with a cookie and a dollop of chocolate mousse, about 4 cookies tall, for a rustic, homey appearance. This is a fabulous recipe to have the kid’s plate; it’s fun for layer, easily individualized, and scrumptious.
- 3 eggs
- 20 grams brown sugar
- cream (15 cl. liquid)
- 180 grams chocolate (crushed)
- 1 package petit beurre (or butter cookies)
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with brown sugar until stiff.
- Add the egg yolks and beat for 5 seconds. Keep cool.
- Boil the cream and pour it on top of the crushed chocolate. Wait for 1 minute, then mix to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Add one third of the eggs, whisk, then add the rest of the eggs, and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In plates, place alternating layers of cookies and 1 tablespoon of mousse spread on the entire surface of the cookies.
- Stop when you reach sufficient height (about 4 cookies).