Cakes don't have to be sweet treats. Sometimes they can be savory and decadent. This recipe for Pesto and Pine Nut Cake is a hearty loaf cake that is filled with delicious ingredients, like Gruyere and parmesan cheeses, as well as pesto and pine nuts. The cake, or bread, is baked to perfection. It can be served as a side dish, appetizer, or meal on the go. Any way you slice it, this cake is a creative culinary sensation.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 180 grams flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- milk (10 cl.)
- 100 grams grated Gruyère cheese
- 150 grams pesto
- 50 grams pinenuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the baking powder and flour in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, and milk. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in the cheese, pesto, and pine nuts.
- Butter and flour a loaf pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven once a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.