Five ingredients are all you need for these creamy, flavor-packed pesto stuffed mushrooms.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, pesto sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom with a scant Tablespoon of the pesto cream cheese.
- Top each mushroom with a heaping teaspoon of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5-10 minutes before plating and serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories50Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
IoT Kitchen 6 Sep
The mushrooms look and taste great!
Monika Deliová 14 Aug
So delicious, easy, quick ❤️ I loved it and all my family as well, I served it with mash potatoes and tomato-onion salad with red wine vinegar ☺️ delicious!
Gretchen Lindemann 2 Jun
Quick recipe that looks and tastes like it took much more effort than it did. I paired it with some homemade pizza, but it would make a great appetizer for a more formal meal.
Gitanjali Shankar 29 May
I used some finely chopped onions and peppers and only Parmesan cheese (no cream cheese or mozzarella). I might add some crushed red pepper as well the next time.