Five ingredients are all you need for these creamy, flavor-packed pesto stuffed mushrooms.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, pesto sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom with a scant Tablespoon of the pesto cream cheese.
- Top each mushroom with a heaping teaspoon of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5-10 minutes before plating and serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories50Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
IoT Kitchen 13 days ago
The mushrooms look and taste great!
Monika Deliová 14 Aug
So delicious, easy, quick ❤️ I loved it and all my family as well, I served it with mash potatoes and tomato-onion salad with red wine vinegar ☺️ delicious!
Gretchen Lindemann 2 Jun
Quick recipe that looks and tastes like it took much more effort than it did. I paired it with some homemade pizza, but it would make a great appetizer for a more formal meal.
Gitanjali Shankar 29 May
I used some finely chopped onions and peppers and only Parmesan cheese (no cream cheese or mozzarella). I might add some crushed red pepper as well the next time.