Pesto Pork and CabbagePork
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless ribeye (rib) pork roast
- 6 cabbage (outer leaves)
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (fine)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces marinara sauce (OR spaghetti sauce)
- 1In large kettle or Dutch oven, cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain. Remove heavy vein. On large piece of waxed paper, arrange cabbage leaves to form a 10x10-inch rectangle. Stir together pesto and bread crumbs. Spoon pesto mixture evenly over cabbage leaves leaving 1-inch clear on edges. Place roast, rounded side down, on pesto layer. Bring cabbage and pesto up and around pork roast. (Cabbage leaves may not cover entire bottom of roast). Place bottom-side down on heavy rack in roasting pan. Tuck in ends and sides. Brush with olive oil.
- 2Roast in 400 degree F. oven for 15 minutes. Cover roast with foil. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue roasting for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.