- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (prepared)
- 1 whole chicken breast (smoked, skin removed)
- 48 rye bread (rounds cocktail)
- fresh basil leaves (16 lg., washed)
- 3 plum tomatoes (sliced thinly, crosswise)
- 5 slices prosciutto (cut into 4 pieces each)
- Mix mayonnaise and pesto together. Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 16 thin slices. Spread 1/2 teaspoon pesto mayonnaise on one side of 16 pieces of cocktail rye bread. Top each with a slice of chicken and 1 whole basil leaf. Cover each with a plain slice of bread. Lay a slice of tomato on top and cover with a piece of prosciutto.
- Spread remaining 16 pieces of cocktail rye with another 1/2 teaspoon pesto mayonnaise on one side. Cover sandwich. Cut in half and spear with decorative toothpicks, if desired. Yield 32 sandwiches.