- 1 red onion (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 3 zucchini (halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs (large)
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place all the vegetables in a large roasting pan. Add the oil and season to taste. Toss well to coat.
- Combine the chicken and pesto in a large bowl. Arrange chicken on the vegetables in the roasting pan. Roast for 35-40 mins or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender. Garnish with the basil and serve.