- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons amarillo paste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric (McCormick®, Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin Ground
- 4 cups potatoes (cubed peeled)
- 3 cups chicken stock (Kitchen Basics® Original)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Heat oil in 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add ají amarillo paste, garlic salt, turmeric and cumin; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Add peas and carrots; simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in mint. Serve with cooked white rice, if desired.