If you want a meal that will tantalize the taste buds and is easy to make, then try this recipe for Persimmon Hors D'Oeuvres with Anchovies. It is not only a hearty dish, but has nutrient-rich ingredients for a healthy meal. This dish is perfect for an intimate family dinner or a brunch with friends. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do!
- 1 Kaki persimmon
- 3 sheets gelatin
- 12 anchovies
- 12 toast
- black sesame seeds
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Peel persimmon and remove pulp.
- Place pulp in a saucepan with a little water and bring to a boil.
- When mixture starts to boil, add drained gelatin and cook for five minutes until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour it into a shallow container, so that jelly layer is about 4-5 mm (approximately 1/4 inch) thick.
- Refrigerate until completely set.
- To serve, cut persimmon jelly into squares and put on a cracker, if desired.
- Or, top persimmon jelly square with an anchovy and sprinkle with black sesame.