Thinly sliced persimmon drizzled with orange blossom and honey is an island inspired starter. Mint and almonds are used to balance the sweetness and provide an earthy, nutty taste together with the sugariness of the orange blossom extract. The orange color of the dish is brightened even more by the green mint leaves, easily becoming the center of attention. Whether you’re beginning a multi-course mealtime adventure or sampling a mid-morning snack, this sweet crunchy dish is a champion.
- 1 persimmon (large ripe)
- mint leaves
- 30 grams slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom extract
- Cut the persimmon into thin slices, remove the skin from each slice (the skin can be removed before cutting, but will tear if the fruit is very ripe). Use a pastry circle to cut each slice into equal round pieces.
- Arrange the slices on a serving plate.
- Brown almond flakes in a pan.
- Heat the honey in the microwave, add the orange blossom water, mix.
- Pour honey mix on top of persimmon slices.
- Sprinkle with almonds and finely chopped mint.