- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (if salt sensitive, you may want to use less and salt to taste at the end of cooking)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions (medium, minced)
- 3 pounds meat (lamb, cut into chunks for stewing, leg meat works well, it cooks up very tender)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (or cilantro, chopped)
- 4 cups basmati rice (steamed, for serving)
|Calories900Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
Alyson 11 Feb 2018
So simple and delicious! I served this for a dinner party and everyone loved it.
Eugene K. 9 Nov 2017
Great love the flavors with a touch of spice, the cooking aroma fills the house. Just some nann bread and perfect meal.
Interesting P. 14 Aug 2017
Delicious and simple. It was my first time cooking lamb, but the recipe was straightforward and easy to follow. I upped the ratio of spices, added a (very small) grate of nutmeg, chopped in a potato, and served with sour cream and rice.
Cynthia S. 22 Jan 2017
My absolute favourite lamb stew hands down. Have been making this for years and glad it made it to yummly so i can store thw recipe in one place. Spicy and oh so flavourful plus you can use inexpensive cuts of lamb. I usually add more.tomato paste to thicken it slightly. otherwise perfect!
Michelle Phillips 28 Sep 2016
was great! my boyfriend said it's better than his mom's and she's from Iran! would maybe put more red pepper flakes in it to make it a little spicier.