- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coffee (or boiling water)
- 1 chocolate buttercream frosting (recipe of my Dreamy)
- chocolate sprinkles (for decorating, optional)
|Calories140Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Patton 2 days ago
This was really good. I used a different frosting, but the cupcake part was really good. I would definitely make these again. My family loved them.
Elyse Othieno 21 Dec 2018
Really moist turn out perfect
Diane R. 14 Dec 2018
They were really good.
Rebecca Santhosh 16 Nov 2018
It was really moist and it tasted good
Raheem 21 Sep 2018
Yummly!!!!! Definitely going to make these again.
Chuck J. 8 Sep 2018
The kids approve, would definitely make again.
Amy O Connor 14 Aug 2018
Really moist lodes of compliments on them
Thea Rohlwing 9 Aug 2018
AMAZING!!!! Definitely will make again.
Hernene d. 27 Jun 2018
Cupcakes are delicious. Moist with a rich chocolate taste.
Ella Foster 27 Apr 2018
They were great. I however used self raising flour instead of the plain and omitted the baking powder and baking soda. Haven't sampled them myself but the neighbors thought they were yummy. My 2 year old grand daughter helped frost them. lol We will sample after dinner.
Lakineeson2@gmail.com 25 Apr 2018
they are amazing very rich and moist
Brennen 13 Jan 2018
I actually made it Jan 10th. Great recipe but only thing I got mixed up with was the part with the coffee or hot waters. It should of read add hot water or hot water with coffee to your taste and not just half cup of hot water or half cup of coffee. It did confuse me. Other than that it is a great recipe. Cupcake were really moist.