These vegan sugar cookies are unexpectedly soft and chewy - perfect for a sweet snack!
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or cashew milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, granulated sugar, brown rice syrup, nut milk, and extracts until thoroughly combined.
|Calories280Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Isabella Carey 6 months ago
They are so good! I love how soft they are and they’re quite easy to make and don’t take too long.
Elizabeth Gysi 9 months ago
Turned out great! used maple syrup instead of brown rice syrup.. very maply and very good!
aj 9 months ago
Turned out great! Added a 1/4tsp of Allspice, 1/8tsp of Nutmeg and about 1tsp of freshly grated ginger. 👍🏼👍🏼
Natalie a year ago
Added some personal touches and they were stunning. Fantastic base recipe!
tabasco a year ago
Surprisingly good, definitely will make them again. A little crumbly when they first came out of the oven, but when they cool they stay together better.
SarahMorgan a year ago
I cut the sugar in half because I made these for my little kiddos. They were just sweet enough but they ended up being quite crumbly. **Edit** I made these again, this time with 3/4 cup of sugar and the consistency completely changed. They spread quite a bit and turned out chewy.