Perfect Meringue Lemon ParfaitOn dine chez Nanou
Tangy lemon curd, Chantilly cream, and crushed meringues combine in a “parfait” that’s prepared in a loaf pan, for a pretty presentation—and easy slicing and serving. This recipe comes with a bonus, too: You’ll end up with extra delicious curd, for spreading on scones, using as a filling for layer cakes, swirling into yogurt, or simply eating with a spoon. What’s more, you can prepare the components couple days in advance, and assemble the loaf the day before.
- 4 lemon
- 270 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- 70 grams egg whites
- 500 milliliters heavy cream (at least 35 mg%)
- 1First, prepare the lemon curd.
- 2Juice the lemons.
- 3Pour the lemon juice of 4 lemons, 200 grams of granulated sugar, and 100 grams of butter in a saucepan. Whisk over low heat until the butter melts. In a bowl beat 3 eggs and 1 yolk with a fork and add to the saucepan. Let the curd thicken over low heat, stirring occasionally for about ten minutes, to obtain a thick consistency. Sieve the lemon curd to remove any particles of cooked egg. Set aside. You can make the curd several days in advance and keep it in the refrigerator in a tightly closed jar.
- 4Then, prepare the meringues.
- 5Beat the egg whites and add t70 grams of granulated sugar when they are foamy.
- 6When they get stiff, add the powdered sugar and lift them with a spatula.
- 7Put the mixture into a pastry bag with a fluted tip and shape the meringues on baking paper.
- 8Preheat oven to 100 degrees Celsius and bake them for 1:15 to 1:30 hours, depending on the size of the meringues.
- 9Finally, make the parfait.
- 10Whip the heavy cream into a stiff chantilly. Add 200 grams of the lemon curd by gently lifting the whipped cream with a spatula. Add 100 grams of the meringues broken into small pieces. Add 100 grams of lemon curd and mix.
- 11Pour the preparation into a cake pan lined with plastic wrap (to let it stick to the pan, lightly butter the pan to allow the plastic to adhere better to it).
- 12Cover the mixture with another food wrap and take it to the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- 1310 minutes before serving, take the parfait out of the freezer, unmold it and decorate with the remaining crushed meringues.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1130Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.