Recipe courtesy of Melissa d’Arabian, on behalf of The National Pork Board
- 4 New York pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 lime
- vegetable oil (for brushing chops and seasoning the grill)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper on both sides and allow to rest on counter for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill and season grill with towel dipped in vegetable oil (use tongs for safety). Just before grilling, squeeze lime juice on both sides of the chops, and then brush with vegetable oil.
- Grill the chops on medium-high direct heat until lightly charred on the outside, but juicy and pink on the inside, about 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degree F. Remove chops from grill and let rest a full 5 minutes before serving.