- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend (basic gum-free, 115 g superfine white rice flour + 39 g potato starch + 21 g tapioca starch/flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional—will keep the edges of the pancakes from feathering)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (100 g, weighed out of shell at room temperature, beaten)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
|Calories110Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
David 4 Jul 2018
Excellent pancakes. However, the batter is thick which is good, but, the top of the pancake prior to flipping is loose so it splatters when flipping. I found if you use a pan, it is best to cover it. Covering the pan, allows for top to harden somewhat resultling in no splatter on flipping. Alternatively, make pancakes thinner by flattening them with a spoon bottom.
James Percifield 9 Apr 2018
I’m new to the whole gluten free thing and these pancakes were pretty good. The consistency was good texture was good but, like most gluten-free recipes there was a gritty after textur.
Gard 18 Feb 2018
Really nice. We premake the mix x3 every few weeks. Adding a little cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice is really nice too
Mercy D. 20 Nov 2017
Very good! Turned out perfectly. Fluffy and thick and buttery!