Perfect DonutsReceitas Da Felicidade!
Every home baker should try their hand at making donuts from scratch at least once (or twice) in their life. After all, the smell of the yeast batter as it is rising, and later as it is being fried, will fill your home -- and beckon everyone into the kitchen to help out (or at least to sample the results). Here, the batter is mixed in a Thermomix, which greatly simplifies the process.
- 30 grams water
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 175 grams milk
- 40 grams softened butter
- 1 eggs
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400 grams flour
- peanut oil
- powdered sugar
- 1Pour the water in the Thermomix cup and set for 1 minute/98°F/Speed 1.
- 2Add the yeast and set for 5 seconds/Speed 3.
- 3Add the milk, butter, egg, sugar and salt and set for 40 seconds/Speed 4.
- 4Add the flour and set for 30 seconds/Speed 4.
- 5Knead the dough by setting to 30 seconds/Speed Cob.
- 6Pour the dough into a large bowl and cover with a cloth.
- 7Let the dough rest in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 8After 1 hour, roll out to 1 1/2 cm thick.
- 9Using a cutter, make several circles in the dough. Then use a smaller cutter or the top of a plastic bottle to make another cut in the middle of the larger circles.
- 10Sprinkle the dough with flour, cover with a clean cloth, and let rest for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 11Fry in not too hot oil, to avoid immediately burning the donuts, without frying evenly.
- 12When cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar.