Peppers Stuffed With CouscousO Meu Tempero
Stuffed bell peppers are a delicious and satisfying main part of a vegetarian meal (or pescatarian, in this case), accompanied by a salad and crusty bread, and makes a lovely presentation, especially when you use peppers in a variety of colors (green, yellow, orange, and red). Here the peppers are stuffed with a couscous filling that includes carrot, shallot, cilantro, and sardines, preferably the kind that are packed in a tomato sauce.
- 4 pepper (medium, green, yellow, orange, red)
- 150 grams couscous
- 200 milliliters water
- 1 shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 carrots
- 1 can sardines (in spicy tomato)
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- olive oil (q.s.)
- fine salt (q.s.)
- pepper (q.s.)
- 1Chop off the top of the peppers in order to make a lid.
- 2Clean the inside carefully and, if necessary, cut the downside to make a base.
- 3Place the couscous in a bowl and pour boiling water.
- 4Leave to soak up the water and separate the grains with a fork. Add the shallot and chopped coriander, carrots grated in the smallest sieve of the grater, the bone free sardines cut into pieces, and all the tomato sauce and the lemon and dried parsley.
- 5Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and involve well.
- 6Brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil and fill them with the previous mix.
- 7Bake on a preheated oven at 400° F, for about 20 minutes.
- 8Serve with a salad of varied lettuces and arugula.